Thursday, August 30, 2007

Busy couple of days

This last weekend I work the state fair at El Sol Mexican food in the corner of the food building. The best Mexican food in town. I have worked on and off for them since I was 13 years old. I will be working Sat and Sun this weekend also. I is fun but by 4:30- 5:00 I am so ready to get off work and out my feet up. I had forgotten that when you have a job that you sit on your A** for 40 hours a week how much your feet can hurt when you all of a sudden decide to stand on them on concrete for 8 Hour a day.

On sunday we found out that Ricks uncle passed away and we had to go to Superior on Tuesday night for the Funeral on Wednesday. Alley had to work so we took Rylyn by ourselves, most of the family up there have not met her yet. We had a great time. We stayed at the Days Inns Bayfront. We had a room that faced the lake. As we were waititng for Rick's Girls to get to the hotel (they live in Clover, MN. about an hour from Superior) I was looking out the window and about twenty feet from our window was a beaver. (I will post pics later). When Ricks girls got to the hotel with the grandson Elijah and we all went swimming. We had a good time. I do not think that Elijah likes the water much as he did not spend much time in the water, On the other hand Rylyn was in a little floaty thing and was toling around the pool like it was nothing. She also likes to put her face in the water. I guess mom will need to get her into swimming lessons very soon.

The funeral was nice. It was nice to see some of Ricks family that we only see when someone dies. Isn't it a shame that families get like that when you only see them when someone dies or gets married. I wish we would stay in contact with some of them and get together more often.

I did get my yarn from Sarahs yarn on Monday so I started my Icelandic shawl. I am please with what I have done so far (which is only about and inch). I only worked on it on the way up to superior about 2 hours. I was too tired to work on it on the way home. I will be going to knitting tonight and will be working on it all night.

No comments: