Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Now I need to vent.

Yeterday Rick's car needed a jump at 4:30 pm. He was at 494 and France. So I went to help him thinking it was not the best time to be going that direction but it wont be too bad. Until I get to 494 and 24th (by MOA) there I sit for 10 minutes not moving looking at the exit. Thinking should I get off and o the frontage road as far as I can? After 15 minute and I have moved one car length I decided to go for it. I kept thinking it had to be a really bad accident to make it so we did not move. As I was going past one to the roads that went over 494 I looked and there was a police car blocking the bridge. I thought or the accident is there so if I go to the next cross street I should be able to get back on 494. We I was not the only person that decided to exit 494 so the traffic was really bad. As I sat waiting to be able to move about 3 car lengths per light I hear on the radio that the problem was not an accident it was that our wonerful President of the United States was on his was to Eden Prairie.

Ok now that you know the details here is my event.

Who has decided that the President's schedule is more important than the rest of the world. I do understand that he needs to have protection and they need to close roads to keep him safe. But come on He was going to a fund raiser for someone, do ya think that maybe he could have arrived alittle earlier or maybe an hour later so he would not have stop the traffic on the south side of town. You know Eden Prairie has a small airport why could he not have taken a chopper there then drive to the hotel? It is a good thing that I did not have a child to get from daycare as I would not have made it in time. It took me over an hour to get from 494 and 24 th to 494 and France. I sorry but that is NUTS.

OK enough venting.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I 100% agree, who the hell does he think he is -the president?! Oh wait he is, but still! The nerve. And he always comes around during rush hour, like you said. He's got his own damn plane why can't they arrive midday or what ever?! I think he was also going to check out the bridge again and go down south to see the flooding (yup, a lot of water, yup).