Sunday, December 2, 2007

Holidays



When I was about 2 years old my step dad bought me a dress that had a coat and a tam, since then the tam was lost but I have that dress and coat. Alley wore this dress when she was about a year and a half. Well this Thanksgiving I took it out of the closet and Ry wore it. We are going to pass this dress down. I was thinking that I might try to find yarn that would match and recreate the tam. I will be sending the dress to the cleaners as it has not been cleaned for a while and needs some TLC. I will then type up a list of approx. dates when the dress was worn and put it with the dress. I am going to seal it with the seal a meal so the air does not get to it. I hope that will help to preserve it.


Now onto two of my favorate parts of the holiday season. My Christmas village and my Christmas tree.
My holiday village started the year Rick and I got together. My mom started the village for us and we bought at least one piece every year. Other family members would buy us pieces too. We now have over thirty pieces. These pictures do not do the village justice, but here goes.



My christmas tree is the a two day project to put up. I have an fake tree and as I put the tree up one branch at a time I put one light on each individual branch on the large branch. That adds up to a ton of lights. I have not counted the light for about 6 years but the last time I counted I had approx 2,000 lights on the tree. You can honestly read by the tree. I Love my tree. Today I went to my moms and got some of her ornaments that she did not want anymore. It was great I got ornaments that we on my moms tree when she was a little girl. Some of them were ones that were on the tree my whole life and that I bought for my mom. Again the photos do not do justice.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Lovely photos. I like the idea of things that are passed down (as first female child of a first female child, I get my grandma's Easter basket from when she was a girl). Your tree is absolutely lovely. Much more impressive than that one wreath I hung.