Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Time to celebrate

I am officially a NON SMOKER. According to the insurance companies you need to not smoke for 12 complete months to be considered a non smoker. YEAH I made it one year today. The process of quiting this time was not a difficult one, it has been trying to not shovel food in my mouth ever time I needed something. Which according to the scale I did not do a very good job at. So now the new goal for this next year is to loss all the weight that I gained over the past year.

I have tried to quite many times in the past that did not work. I am not usre why this time worked. All I know is that last year it was 4 days before my birthday and I decided that I was turning the big 40 and had grandchildren that I wanted to be around for, so I decided that on my birhtday I would stop smoking. I used the patch for about one week then forgot to put it on after that. From then out no more smoking. I was really supprised that I did not get to be my normal witch when I try to stop smoking. My family has commented many times that I was pleasent to be around.

I know most of my family and friend already know that this is my one year annivesary for not smoking, but I needed to put this in writing for myself. Thank you everyone that supported me and continued to listen to my talk about this.

4 comments:

Sarah O G said...

YIPPIE!!!!!! Congrats Steph, and Happy Birthday too :D

Liz said...

Way to go!! It's the best choice you can make!

Emily said...

Congrats! Happy belated birthday. See you tonight.

Lisa said...

Yeah!! I am so proud of you! I am always so proud of people when they quit and actually make it. My Dad quit cold turkey after 37 years of smoking (he quit when he had a few months before a surgery and found out how much better this odds were going to be if he quit) and I almost get weepy when I tell him how proud I am of him for quiting.