Monday, February 25, 2008

I did a Tim Conway impression.

Well Nick and I are back from the church retreat. We had a great time. I maybe more so them him. I went cross country skiing for about 2-3 mile. I was doing so good we rounded the bend to the back half of the loop and I had not falling. I was so proud of myself cuz the last time I went I fell at least 15 times in the first mile. Well we hit another hill (mind you I had done 5 hills so far) this one was just a bit bigger (not much), we started to tell one of the boy to bend his knees and lean forward and away he went. My turn, I bent my knees started to lean forward and lost my balance and over correct and fell flat on my back. Think of Tim Conway on the Carol Burnet show when he play the little guy (Dorf?) and falls straight backwards, No bending. That was me, then I was laying in deep snow laughing my ass off. One would think that I would have hurt my back or head, right. Nope, leave it to me, I hyper extended my knee. Know I have a brace for my leg that I need to wear until the swelling goes down and the pain is gone. So we are looking at about a week. The brace makes life o much fun it goes from about 4 inches below my butt to about 4 inches above my ankle. The doctor said there were going to fit me with the short brace. Ok if this is the short brace where would the long brace be, i don;t think I want to know.

I did not finish both mitten on the retreat I did get one done on the ride up and about half of the second one done while we were there. So I think I will finishing it this week at Knitting.

1 comment:

Sarah O G said...

Now why did you go and do a silly thing like that for, hurtn' yourself, oye. Happy to hear you had fun, even with the pain. See you Thursday.